Teesside is proudly coming together this week to mark Sexual Abuse and Sexual Violence Awareness Week 2020
1 in 5 women and 1 in 20 men will experience some form of sexual violence in their lifetime.
This is NOT OK.
Be part of the conversation:
- Follow and use the national hashtag #ITSNOTOK
- Follow and use the local hashtag #TeessideSaysITSNOTOK or #TeesITSNOTOK
- Download and share the Teesside Says #ITSNOTOK social media image
- Attend SV week stall events:
- Teesside University Students Union, 10-2, Tuesday 4th Feb
- James Cook University Hospital, all day, Friday 7th Feb
- Engage with your local support services to see what else they have planned, share posts and get involved
- Take a selfie next to Middlesbrough Fountain or Redcar Heart which will be lit up for the week
- Create an awareness-raising poster for your office or arrange a team meeting
- Share some of the myths and stereotypes of sexual violence
- Donate to local services supporting victims and survivors
Talk about it! Make the conversation bigger.