We listen, We believe, We support
We are the Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) for Teesside, designed to provide a sensitive and dedicated service to anyone who has experienced rape and sexual assault. We are here 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
SARC Teesside is about offering choices.
Specially trained staff can explain and discuss all the options. Services include:
- Confidential Advice
- Anonymous report to police or advocacy on your behalf with direct report to police
- Specialist medical examinations
- Specialist forensic examination, including non-intimate samples
- Storage of forensic samples, giving you time to decide on reporting to police
- Support through Police interview
- Risk and need assessment to make sure you are safe
- Referrals to external agencies with the appropriate consent for specialist counselling and therapeutic support
- Ongoing support from an Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA)
We will support you regardless of whether or not you want to report to the Police and are committed to ensuring that you receive the support you need, whatever you decide to do.
SARC Teesside follows established safeguarding procedures with regard to the safety and wellbeing of all our clients.
How we’re funded
Safe in Tees Valley has been jointly commissioned by NHS England and the Police and Crime Commissioner for Cleveland to deliver SARC Teesside, the Teesside ISVA Service and the North East SARC Support Service.
Delivery of the ISVA Service has been subcontracted to our partner organisation ARCH North East.
Charitable donations also help support our work. If you wish to donate please contact the Safe in Tees Valley Victim Services Lead Officer on 01642 664440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org