The United Nations UNiTE Campaign calls on people from all walks of life to learn more and take a stand against the rape culture that surrounds us.
1. Marriage is not a license for violence. Nobody is entitled to their partner’s bodies. The UK only criminalised marital rape in 1991.
2. For millions of girls around the world, rape is not surprising or uncommon.
3. Why didn’t she report it?
4. Because rape is not just an act committed by one person, but also a pervasive culture that feeds on silence.
5. Laws must protect women, and yet impunity prevails around the world.
For more information about the campaign, visit:
If you have been affected by sexual violence, support is available 24h a day at SARC Teesside: 03333 44 8283
To DONATE to SARC Teesside please visit: